Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2021

Summer learning journey task 3!

 


This week Me and my friends were at each others houses Layla and Lochlan and we were at Layla's farm. We decided to make a water proof boat and put it in the river. We used sticks, flax, kohl leaves and a pink Pipe clean as a person. It was so much fun to make together. 


My favourite part was making the person. My least favourite part was attaching it together with the thin flax pieces. Next time I would use more flax so it is more steady. 

If you were to make a water proof boat would materials would you choose and were would you test it?

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Ashlyn,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    What an awesome Nano Girl activity I used to love making origami and wooden boats when I was a kid and racing them down the river with my brother!

    I think you did an amazing job introducing and explaining the activity and what you enjoyed and found challenging. It is also great to see you doing it with your friends, for future activities it is best if you each make your own item so each blog post is different and that way you compare with your friends.

    It is great that you included a photo as well so we could see how your boat turned out.

    What would you change about your boat to improve it? If I were to make a boat I think I would use plastic water bottles as they float quite well.

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Krishay here from wigram primary in Uru manuka cluster and well wow I did not even do the activity because I did not have the materials! But wow that is cool the material I would use is wood and light ston so the stone does hold but also does not sink!

    ReplyDelete